Monday, November 11, 2013

Day 5

Case is still doing extremely well.  He's on humidified oxygen and was on 2.5L yesterday.  They dropped him to 2L last night or this morning and he was down to 1.5L this afternoon.  He's off the antibiotics now too.  They give all preemies antibiotics as a precaution until they know everything is checking out.  He also had a chest x-ray today and everything was looking perfect.  



When I visited with him this afternoon, the nurse asked me if I wanted to do Kangaroo care (skin-to-skin) with him.  Ummmm... YES!!!  So she put him on my chest around 4:30 and told me I could keep him there until 5:30 as long as he tolerated it well.  He instantly passed out so we got to cuddle for a full hour.  I had tears in my eyes as she handed him to me because that was the closest I'd been to him.  I loved every moment snuggling with my little man.


They gave me his footprints today too.  Look how sweet!  My wedding ring is a size 5.25 for reference.


When we placed him back in the incubator, he opened his eyes and was looking all around for a few minutes.  Such a sweetie.



Today, they increased his feeding to 7 cc's!  That's such a tiny amount but he started at 2 cc's, was increased to 3, 4, 6, and now 7.  He's a little rock star!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the blog - great to follow his progress. Case will be able to look back and see what a miracle he is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This warms my heart!!! Go Case Go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fellow F14 gal here, and I've loved following Case's progress! He looks so sweet, and I'm so glad that you got to snuggle him for a little bit :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My ring is a size 5 too, I was blown away to scale the picture so our ring sizes pretty much matched and to see just how tiny his feet are! So glad you got to do kangaroo care, he is doing so unbelievably well!!!

    ReplyDelete