Saturday, November 9, 2013

Day 2

The second day, Case's ventilator was out!  We were able to see more of his sweet face.  The nurses taught us what kind of touches would aggravate him and what would be comforting to him.  





He was under the bilirubin lights to fight jaundice when Seth came to visit that afternoon.  And look how sweet!  He was sucking his thumb!!!  The nurse told us she was surprised he had found his thumb so early.  
That's our little early bird, lol!
   

When Seth came back to visit that night, Case's arterial line had been removed and we were allowed to hold him!  It was that moment that I first cried.  Nothing touched me more than seeing Seth hold his son for the very first time.  


 When I came to visit a few hours later, I was allowed to change his diaper and I got to hold him too.  Barely 2 days old, and this little guy has stolen my heart.

The whole time I was holding him, he was opening his eyes and looking around.  What a magical bonding moment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment