Wednesday, November 13, 2013

1 Week old - 29 weeks gestation

We were told the NICU ride was going to be roller coaster.  Today was the first downhill turn.  When Seth visited Case this morning, he had been put back on the CPAP ventilator.  I came to visit a few hours later and was so upset by how our poor little guy looked.  I couldn't see any of his sweet face and he was still having a very hard time breathing.  


To say seeing him like that was hard would be an understatement.  It broke my heart in to a thousand pieces.  About 20 minutes after I got there, his oxygen saturation started to drop.  He was having apnea about once a minute.  He just seemed so lifeless!  The nurses said they needed to intubate him again and asked me to wait outside the room while they did that.  When I was allowed back in, I could see some of Case's face again.  He was a lot more lively too!  Breathing on his own was wearing his little body out.


After picking Seth up from work, we went back to the NICU again.  Case was doing so much better and he wasn't under the bili lights anymore!  




It was a tough day but it ended well.  Happy 1-week birthday, little guy!  Mommy, Daddy, and big sister love you very much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment