Saturday, November 9, 2013

Day 3

Seth and I both visited Case three times today.  We love seeing our little guy!
I got to hold him for a little while again today.  He's still under the 
bilirubin lights but they said that when the lights come off, we'll get to do
Kangaroo care (skin-to-skin) with him!  I'm so excited about that.

They increased his feedings from 2 cc's to 3 cc's today.  They also said his bilirubin level was 4.8 when they began treatment but was down to 4.  
He was 2 lb 10 oz at birth and has been maintaining 2 lb 6 oz the past 2 days.

The nurse tonight told me that someone must have forgotten to tell Case that he is a 28 week baby!  She said that he was quite upset about his dirty
diaper and babies don't start caring about that until they're 35+ weeks.
She also said he looks really tall for his age and just looks good in general.  I told her that we've been told how well he's doing but we're new to this and don't know what's expected and what's not.  She said they hesitate to tell parents that a baby is doing well because they don't want the parents to panic when/if there is a setback, but that Case really is doing great.  
That makes me so happy!



They gave him a new pacifier today and he was sucking on it when I came to visit the second time!






And here is little man, sleeping peacefully this evening. I know it's impossible to see how small he really is in pictures.  Today I realized that his arm from elbow to wrist is the same size as my pointer finger.  Such a teeny little trooper! 






No comments:

Post a Comment